Ask Your Question
0

Problems with Swift and Keystone on Kilo

asked 2015-07-09 13:19:49 -0500

Nolon gravatar image

updated 2015-07-16 13:01:01 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to deploy the Kilo release of Swift with my Kilo Openstack deployment. I have tried Swift on both Ubuntu and CentOS both failing in the same manor. I am setting up the swift-proxy server on it's own node, and have 5 storage nodes. Going through the setup install process goes fine as usual, then when it goes time to verify this install with 'swift -V 3.0 stat' the command will fail.

 swift -V 3.0 stat
('Connection aborted.', error(111, 'Connection refused'))

I run the command in debug mode and I see it connect with my keystone server but I can't really tell what or why it's failing. There is zero entries in the swift log file nor syslog/messages file.

swift --debug -V 3.0 stat
DEBUG:keystoneclient.auth.identity.v3.base:Making authentication request to http://promgmt1.lene.net:5000/v3/auth/tokens
INFO:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): promgmt1.lene.net
DEBUG:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:"POST /v3/auth/tokens HTTP/1.1" 201 4888
DEBUG:iso8601.iso8601:Parsed 2015-07-09T18:23:09.830652Z into {'tz_sign': None, 'second_fraction': u'830652', 'hour': u'18', 'daydash': u'09', 'tz_hour': None, 'month': None, 'timezone': u'Z', 'second': u'09', 'tz_minute': None, 'year': u'2015', 'separator': u'T', 'monthdash': u'07', 'day': None, 'minute': u'23'} with default timezone <iso8601.iso8601.Utc object at 0x7f7f0801f810>
DEBUG:iso8601.iso8601:Got u'2015' for 'year' with default None
DEBUG:iso8601.iso8601:Got u'07' for 'monthdash' with default 1
DEBUG:iso8601.iso8601:Got 7 for 'month' with default 7
DEBUG:iso8601.iso8601:Got u'09' for 'daydash' with default 1
DEBUG:iso8601.iso8601:Got 9 for 'day' with default 9
DEBUG:iso8601.iso8601:Got u'18' for 'hour' with default None
DEBUG:iso8601.iso8601:Got u'23' for 'minute' with default None
DEBUG:iso8601.iso8601:Got u'09' for 'second' with default None
INFO:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): promgmt1.lene.net
INFO:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): promgmt1.lene.net
INFO:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): promgmt1.lene.net
INFO:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): promgmt1.lene.net
INFO:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): promgmt1.lene.net
INFO:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection (1): promgmt1.lene.net
ERROR:swiftclient:('Connection aborted.', error(111, 'Connection refused'))
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/swiftclient/client.py", line 1261, in _retry
    rv = func(self.url, self.token, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/swiftclient/client.py", line 533, in head_account
    conn.request(method, parsed.path, '', headers)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/swiftclient/client.py", line 212, in request
    files=files, **self.requests_args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/swiftclient/client.py", line 195, in _request
    return self.request_session.request(*arg, **kwarg)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 465, in ...
(more)
edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

3 answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2015-09-18 10:35:09 -0500

Gerardo-Alfredo gravatar image

Could you please verify if your swift-proxy is active, and if you have permissive mode set for selinux.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

1

I had this issue too and it was because i had a typo on the proxy-server.conf

Gerardo-Alfredo gravatar imageGerardo-Alfredo ( 2015-09-18 10:36:10 -0500 )edit
0

answered 2015-09-29 04:11:11 -0500

soumitrakarmakar gravatar image

updated 2015-10-01 04:23:37 -0500

swift -V 3 stat should be the command .

edit flag offensive delete link more
0

answered 2015-07-13 03:19:19 -0500

ddxgz gravatar image

I've got a similar problem. In my case, I removed the 'keystoneauth' in swift's pipeline in config file /etc/swift/proxy-server.conf, then it works fine.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

Hi. Just the one reference to it in the pipeline statement or all the references to it in the config file? Just takinig out the one reference in the pipeline doesn't help anything.

Nolon gravatar imageNolon ( 2015-07-14 12:50:11 -0500 )edit

Still hoping someone out there can help? I just had to rebuild my controller due to a bad disk. Even after a fresh rebuild swift fails still to even run a stat command. I even rebuilt that twice. This setup is killing me, maybe I should just go back to Juno, it worked fine.

Nolon gravatar imageNolon ( 2015-07-16 06:20:15 -0500 )edit

I had the similar problem in Kilo. Initially I thought its an issue with the Hash key suffix/prefix, but resetting that didn't help. I couldn't sort out this issue (might be a bug, still don't know), so had to move my whole architecture to Juno. In Juno, this problem is not there.

zekken gravatar imagezekken ( 2015-10-01 05:15:14 -0500 )edit

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer

Get to know Ask OpenStack

Resources for moderators

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2015-07-09 13:19:49 -0500

Seen: 668 times

Last updated: Oct 01 '15