I am still confused about tripleo's architecture even reading the wiki.
I am confused about:
- Does undercloud contain only baremetal vm?
- Does overcloud contain only vm(without baremetal vm)?
- I think in undercloud heat and heat-template are used to deploy overcloud, if overcloud contains baremetal vm, can heat deploy that?
My understanding is :
- seed cloud: an openstack environment with nova-baremetal service running.
- undercloud: a baremetal node deployed by the seed cloud with heat in it. Configure with os-apply-config, os-refresh-config and os-collect-config, and create an openstack environment with heat-template.
- overcloud: This cloud is running on the undercloud on the same baremetal machine. This cloud is created by heat using the heat-template, so there should be no baremetal node in overcloud, and only KVM ,Xen or else.
Now, I am confused because of the information on this site.
Does the 'Overcloud' in this site equals to the overcloud I said? I think it points to the undercloud.