Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

After some investigation with my team, we have concluded that there potentially is an SSL issue with rabbitmq and nova (and potentially all RPC listeners). These are the versions that I am running (base OS is Ubuntu 14.04): rabbitmq-server 3.2.4-1 nova-conductor 1:2014.1.4-0ubuntu2.1 nova-compute 1:2014.1.4-0ubuntu2.1 openssl 1.0.1f-1ubuntu2.15

We had the rabbit_use_ssl flag set to true on both nodes and this has been working with the previous version of nova-compute and nova-conductor (1:2014.1.3-0ubuntu1.1). Once we did an dist-upgrade, this functionality stopped working. Disabling the flag, deleting the rabbitmq.config and restarting the 3 services, we were able to connect the compute with the controller.