Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

After further investigation, we determined that we needed to configure Swift to disable fallocate() calls. Apparently, this was causing fragmentation of the files as they were written to the object store. 'ls' and 'du' were reporting file sizes correctly because they were fragmented. We put "disable_fallocate = true" into the default section of the config files for account-server, container-server and object-server and the files now report their correct size.

Thanks to everyone for looking at this and considering a solution and/or responding. I think we're all set for now.

J