Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

While the fix is inconsistent, I managed to figure out what the problem was. The problem was due to the neutron agents not being able to communicate properly with the internal rabbitMQ messaging queue and mariaDB database over ports 5672 and 3306 respectively. I had added rules to accept traffic over these ports, except for some reason I could not get the iptables rules to persist after a reboot despite changing the settings in /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config. So I added the rules:

  1. "iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5672 -j ACCEPT"

  2. "iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 3306 -j ACCEPT"

and saved the rules to a file using: "iptables-save > /etc/iptables.conf", and then added "iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.conf" to the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file to start upon a system reboot.

To get any of my instances to connect I still have to manually restart all of the neutron services (still looking for a fix to this). But my initial problem was connectivity and I have solved that, the other problems that came subsequently are for a separate question. Thanks everyone for the pointers, it helped me find my own solution.