Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

I figured out what was causing this. It's not really an OpenStack issue, but more of a Windows issue. If anyone else runs into this, here is how I resolved it.

  1. I changed my upstream RA device to the following configuration (was assisted mode) "Stateless DHCP - RA Flags [other stateful], Prefix Flags [onlink, auto, router]". This is a pfSense firewall, so the option(s) in your device will probably differ.
  2. Disable IPv6 privacy extensions in the image with the following commands:
    • "netsh interface ipv6 set privacy state=disabled store=active"
    • "netsh interface ipv6 set privacy state=disabled store=persistent"
  3. Enable EUI-64 address assignment/disable randomize identifiers in Windows
    • "netsh interface ipv6 set global randomizeidentifiers=disabled store=active"
    • "netsh interface ipv6 set global randomizeidentifiers=disabled store=persistent"

Once these changes were made, the Windows instances were able to obtain the correct IPv6 assignment that matched what was being assigned by OpenStack.