Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

I found this soultion on SOF website:

"I have had this issue a couple times in the past few months. I haven't seen a good solution for fedora systems posted, so here's yet another solution. I'm using RHEL7, and I discovered the following:

If you have urllib3 installed via pip, and requests installed via yum you will have issues, even if you have the correct packages installed. The same will apply if you have urllib3 installed via yum, and requests installed via pip. Here's what I did to fix the issue:

sudo pip uninstall requests sudo pip uninstall urllib3 sudo yum remove python-urllib3 sudo yum remove python-requests

(confirm that all those libraries have been removed)

sudo yum install python-urllib3 sudo yum install python-requests

Just be aware that this will only work for systems that are running Fedora, Redhat, or CentOS."

I found this soultion on SOF website:

"I have had this issue a couple times in the past few months. I haven't seen a good solution for fedora systems posted, so here's yet another solution. I'm using RHEL7, and I discovered the following:

If you have urllib3 installed via pip, and requests installed via yum you will have issues, even if you have the correct packages installed. The same will apply if you have urllib3 installed via yum, and requests installed via pip. Here's what I did to fix the issue:

sudo pip uninstall requests requests

sudo pip uninstall urllib3 urllib3

sudo yum remove python-urllib3 python-urllib3

sudo yum remove python-requests

(confirm that all those libraries have been removed)

sudo yum install python-urllib3 python-urllib3

sudo yum install python-requests

Just be aware that this will only work for systems that are running Fedora, Redhat, or CentOS."