Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

OK, I figured it out. Just go into the database and zero the damn thing out. Possibly significant is the fact that I had two failed instances that I deleted from the GUI. I have read that this confuses OpenStack? What's odd is that even if it were just the memory of two m1.mediums (4GB x 2), that doesn't account for why it was at 51200 (out of a max of 51200)

mysql -u root
MariaDB [(none)]> use nova; MariaDB [nova]> select id,resource,in_use from quota_usages; +----+-----------------+--------+ | id | resource | in_use | +----+-----------------+--------+ | 1 | instances | 2 | | 2 | ram | 51200 | | 3 | cores | 3 | | 4 | instances | 10 | | 5 | ram | 40960 | | 6 | cores | 20 | | 7 | security_groups | 1 | +----+-----------------+--------+ 7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [nova]> update quota_usages set in_use=-1 where id=2;

Wasn't any need to restart anything. Just close up MySQL and from the GUI look at Project->Compute->Overview and in my case, I now see 6GB out of 50GB, owing to the fact that I have an m1.small and an m1.medium running now.

Hope this helps someone.

OK, I figured it out. Just go into the database and zero the damn thing out. Possibly significant is the fact that I had two failed instances that I deleted from the GUI. I have read that this confuses OpenStack? What's odd is that even if it were just the memory of two m1.mediums (4GB x 2), that doesn't account for why it was at 51200 (out of a max of 51200)

mysql -u root
MariaDB [(none)]> use nova; MariaDB [nova]> select id,resource,in_use from quota_usages; +----+-----------------+--------+ quota_usages;

+----+-----------------+--------+

| id | resource | in_use | +----+-----------------+--------+ | |

+----+-----------------+--------+ | 1 | instances | | 2 | | | | 2 | ram | | 51200 | | |

| 3 | cores | | 3 | | | | 4 | instances | 10 | | | 10

| | 5 | ram | | 40960 | | | | 6 | cores | 20 | | | 20

| | 7 | security_groups | 1 | +----+-----------------+--------+ |

+----+-----------------+--------+ 7 rows in set (0.00 sec)


Sorry for the wacked-out formatting. Basically, id=2 is the offending one. Reset that column:

MariaDB [nova]> update quota_usages set in_use=-1 where id=2;

Wasn't any need to restart anything. Just close up MySQL and from the GUI look at Project->Compute->Overview and in my case, I now see 6GB out of 50GB, owing to the fact that I have an m1.small and an m1.medium running now.

Hope this helps someone.